In accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective from 25th May 2018
Aurora Living Ltd is committed to safeguarding the privacy of all visitors to our website, in accordance with the General Data protection Regulations (GDPR), effective from 25th May 2018.
This policy details how your information will be treated. This policy may vary, any significant changes to this policy will be clearly indicated on our home page.
What personal information do we collect from or about you?
Although you do not have to provide any information to use our website, certain areas or services may only be accessible if you share information with us.
When you submit an enquiry about our homes or services, we require certain information to enable us to respond to your request or enquiry. Aurora Living will collect and retain information that you have provided to us, including:
- your contact details- name, address, telephone numbers and e-mail address;
- your communication preferences.
When purchasing a home from Aurora Living, we may require the following information;
- details on the sale of your current house, whether it is to be part exchanged, sold contact details of your solicitor, and estate agent
- financial resources, and any assistance you may require
- shared correspondence
- any information you have agreed an Independent Financial Advisor (IFA) can share with us relating to your mortgage, in order to process your purchase, The IFA will also confirm verification of your financial documents; however we do not hold copies of these documents.
- details of your new mortgage lender
- information required to support Assisted Purchase or any equity loan scheme such as Help to Buy
- the extras you purchase and choices you make
Our Conveyancer may forward contract documents to your solicitor, deal with queries and process information required in progressing the contract including;
- certified copies of passport, driving licence and /or utility bills, as required by CML in line with money laundering/fraud legislation.
- marriage or death certificates, in certain instances
- contract terms and deposit payments
When you complete the purchase of an Aurora home we will process further information relating to:
- your utility companies and meter readings
- details of any reported issues with your home and actions taken by Aurora Living to follow up
- your responses to our customer satisfaction survey
What do we mean by website tracking and cookies?
When you visit our website we will place a secure “cookie” in your browser history. A cookie allows us to record your interactions with our website and the device, browser and IP address which you are using.
If you do decide to make an enquiry we will link the data information recorded from the website cookie to your personal information used in your enquiry. You are able to delete the “cookie” from your browser at any time.
We also use HTML web storage to store information locally, such as search results and development locations, to improve the website performance. This too can be deleted by you from your browser at any time.
On occasion, where you have permitted us to, we will send emails to you. Our emails contain tracking codes that allow us to determine whether or not the email was opened and if it was responded to.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
Cookies allow browsers to store information from individual sites such as the display preferences you might have set. They are entirely specific to you and are used to keep a record of how you use a website and any preferences that you may have set. They use a special session ID to identify who you are, so that no personal information is ever exchanged.
Depending on the use, cookies can be stored on your computer for different lengths of time. Session cookies will remember you for the length of time you have a browser open and are looking at a site, but are deleted when you close the browser. Persistent cookies are not deleted when the browser is closed but will continue to remember you for a set amount of time.
Why are they used?
Cookies can be used for a variety of different reasons; to remember personal preferences on a website, to remember your name during a visit to a site, to store login status or to show you relevant information on your next visit. They are also used by companies to track your use of their website and see where you’ve clicked and how long you’ve been on a page, in order to improve the site performance and layout for future users.
Third party Cookies
Third party cookies differ from other cookies as they are set by a separate company to the website that is being visited. They allow these companies to see what you might have been looking at on a specific site, and use this information to show you relevant data on other sites that they are linked to. They are also used by social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter to allow you to ‘Like’ or tell your friends about the site.
Cookies used on any Aurora Living website never store any personal information and they cannot infect or install anything on your computer.
|ASP.NET_SessionId||This gives each user an anonymous user ID which is used to identify the user whilst navigating around the site.|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz||Used by Google Analytics and Adwords to track your movements around the site, where you click and what you look at the most. We use this information to be able to improve the experience of the website for you.These cookies can only be seen by Aurora Living and Google and will never contain any personal information.|
You may also find some of the following cookies on our site whilst you are browsing. These cookies are not controlled by Aurora Living but are part of tracking systems from third party companies. They are used by social media networks and provide sharing services for pages on the Aurora Living website.
|Third Party Cookies||Uses|
|PREF, NID, BEAT, ULS, HSID, SSID, APISID, SAPISID, SID||Used by Google+ to keep track of anything posted to the social network.|
|k, guest_id, auth_token_session, secure_session, twll, dnt, twid, _twitter_sess, auth_token||Used by Twitter to monitor when sites are tweeted about or sites are linked to on Twitter.|
|c_user, datr, lu, xs, sub, p, act, presence||Used by Facebook to monitor when sites are ‘liked’ or linked to on Facebook.|
If you want to stop websites from placing cookies on your computer, it is possible to make changes in the options of your web browser. You should note however, by doing this some functions of the Aurora Living website may not work correctly.
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Legal Basis for use of your data
Aurora Living require a legal basis for the processing of any personal data and these are as detailed below;
- the performance of a contract
- to comply with a legal obligation
- consent, specific and freely given
- in our legitimate interests,
In respect of website enquiries, Aurora Living rely on consent, specific and freely given, as a legal basis for processing personal data, to enable us to:
- register your interest in our particular developments
- contact you with new developments or services which we believe may interest you.
- promote, marketing and advertisings of our products
and in addition, to enable us to;
- handle customer contact, general queries, complaints or disputes
If you reserve an Aurora Living home we will use your personal information in our legitimate interest in order to progress our contract with you to;
- assist with the sale or part exchange of your current property
- assist with the processing of any loan or mortgage required
We will also use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, such as to:
- establish your identity
- comply with money laundering and fraud legislation
- prove succession of title
When you purchase a home from Aurora Living we will use your information to;
- provide after-sales support under our contract with you
- obtain customer feedback on your home and the purchasing process based on our legitimate interests
- handle customer contact, queries or complaints
We will not use your information to carry out any automated profiling.
Sharing the data with third parties
To enable us to respond to your requests and enquiries more effectively and efficiently, information may be shared with selected service partners in order to;
With your consent, we may pass necessary details to;
- an IFA to assist you with the purchase of your home.
- our conveyancers and your solicitors to progress the contract
- Help To Buy Scheme, if required for home purchase
- your estate agent and solicitor for our APP Scheme
- the warrant provider in order in order to issue the warranty certificate
All our service providers will have contractual obligations in place to Aurora Living, compliant with the GDPR Act 2018.
We will never sell or release our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes
unless required to do so by law.
How we keep your personal data secure.
All personal data information collected by Aurora Living, is processed within the UK.
Our servers are sited in secure environments with offsite secure backup. We have strict company procedures in place restricting access to personal and other information.
How long we keep your data for.
Aurora Living will not retain your personal data for any longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Aurora Living will request consent to retain your data for sales and marketing purposes every two years.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from marketing activities, you may withdraw consent by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our emails, see Contact Information for alternative contact details.
Records of your name, postcode, the date of your first enquiry, the details of consents you have given and our communications, including any email correspondence, will be retained for a period of six years in accordance with our Data Policy.
If you have purchased a home from us, we will retain your personal information relating to the purchase of your Aurora home for ten years from the date of purchase or until your warranty expires. We will, however, retain limited information, including your name and the details of the home we sold you, indefinitely for our records.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights:
- to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time,
- to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
- to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
- to withdraw any consent previously provided or to object to direct marketing are absolute rights.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process such data after consent is withdrawn.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, write to us providing a) details of the information you wish to see, correct or have removed and b) a means by which we may verify your identity, alternatively contact us on 0121 200 7260 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with the request if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
You may contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you have any concerns regarding how we use your personal information at email@example.com, telephone on 0121 200 7260 or write to us at: Company Secretary, Aurora Living, Ground Floor TS1, Pinewood Business Park, Coleshill Road, Solihull, B37 7HG
If you still have a concern about how we process your personal information you also have the right to report it to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) available at; ico.org.uk/concerns.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This policy was last amended on 17th May 2018.