Whether you're just starting out, or already a high-level exec, we're looking for exceptional talent to progress their career with the Aurora team.
The Quantity Surveyor will oversee the commercial function, reporting on all projects within the region.
- Preparing and negotiating subcontract orders on a competitive tender basis.
- Approve valuations.
- Monthly reporting of build costs (CVR's) in COINS
- Ensuring adherence to Commercial Department monthly time table.
- Monitor invoicing procedures resolving any issues with the Finance Department
- Assist in WIP and Cash Flow forecasts.
- Prepare site budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor and report on cost movements within the site valuation on allocated sites.
- Reconcile and progress sub-contractor payments
- Forecast final accounts
Confident negotiator with strong communication skills.
5+ years’ experience in a similar role
Strong numeracy and IT skills
Knowledge of COINS
House building experience an advantage
Land Buyer - Land & Planing
Job Title: Land Buyer
Department: Land and Planning
Reportability: Land and Planning Director
Aurora Living Ltd are looking for an experienced residential Land Buyer, with a proven track record, to join their Land and Planning Department. You should have a good knowledge and extensive contact base within the Black Country and West Midlands.
To actively engage with Land owners, Local Authorities, Agents and Land Promoters, building relationships that enable the Company to identify suitable parcels of land to meet the Land buying brief and business plan of Aurora Living Ltd.
To make offers for the land, undertake appropriate due diligence and agree commercial terms with the vendors to secure contracts for that land.
Once secure, promote and pursue appropriate and acceptable planning permission on that Land to meet the Company’s commercial objectives and programme for development sites.
- Identify and pursue potential land opportunities, assessing their suitability, collating constraints information, producing appraisals, ensuring accurate bids are placed for land, draft and agree heads of terms, instruct solicitors on preparing contracts and legal due diligence to facilitate a purchase.
- Produce professional land acquisition files, undertaking full due diligence.
- Assess planning position and S106 obligations, liaising with statutory Authorities and planning/highway departments and others, as required to assist with accurate preparation of feasibilities.
- Monitor Regional and Local Authority Planning and Housing Documentation for future land opportunities to acquire land.
- Expand the Department's key contact base, e.g. land agents, landowners, and Councils.
- Investigate and propose an appropriate development typology suitable for the site’s location, providing supporting revenues and surrounding development comparables.
- Obtain quotes for consultants and solicitors, recommend appointments and liaise with consultants to prepare feasibility design information, as required.
- Appoint and work with Solicitors in the production of legal documentation in respect of all land purchases within the required timescales.
- Track record of identifying and securing land opportunities.
- Familiar with all aspects of land purchase (maximisation of an offer, market research, technical, commercial disciplines) - sales, commercial, technical, design and legal aspects.
- Geographical knowledge of the area is essential.
- Articulate, clear, credible and able to thrive under pressure.
- Able to communicate with a wide range of people, both verbally and through written/ graphical presentations. Analytical and negotiation skills are a must.
- A confident and professional networker, with an established contact base for the area.
- An innovative thinker, with the drive to seek out and pursue potential development opportunities.
- Full driving licence.
Excellent package for the right candidate is on offer, with an immediate start and a highly competitive salary + Benefits (dependant on experience)
A Site Manager with experience of Managing New House Building Developments.
- Monitor progress, oversee delivery of materials and carry out safety checks
- Maintain close contact with members of their site team at all times, liaising with architects, engineers, surveyors and planners
- Ensure compliance with Company procedure, building regulations and health and safety legislation
- Be the first point of contact for members of the public and sub- contractors
- Ensure that set deadlines are met
- Accident reporting
- Supervising and overseeing the project, ensuring that the Company's
specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and
liaising with quantity surveyors to monitor costs
- Coordinating and supervising construction workers
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety
- Producing and submission of weekly site reports
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Be well-organised, and prepared for responsibility and decision making.
- Be highly numerate with IT skills, and good at solving problems
- Understanding of building and health and safety and general build regulations
- Strong people skills, able to communicate with, manage and motivate.
- Qualifications or experience
- Valid SMSTS and First Aid qualification
- Several years’ industry experience in construction management, as a supervisor or building technician
- HNC, HND or BTEC qualification in building studies and building
engineering, surveying and civil engineering, construction engineering
management, building management or building technology is
If you feel that you would make a great addition to our team, then please contact us below.
To register your interest for one of the above jobs, or for another role in which you feel you can benefit our company, please send us a message detailing the role in which you're applying for, alongside your CV and send it to email@example.com